|Domain.com standout features|
|Performance||Affordable and reliable hosting|
|Average load time||Approximately 2.3 seconds|
|Average response||Approximately 62ms|
|Free domain||Yes. One free domain for the first year|
|SSL||Free SSL certificate from LetsEncrypt|
|Support||24/7 support via phone and live chat|
What Are the Pros and Cons of Domain.com?
Domain.com gears its hosting services toward independent business owners, small and medium-sized enterprises, and newcomers to the world of websites. As with any other web hosting provider, it has limitations, such as no free migrations or reseller options.
Consider the following advantages and disadvantages of choosing Domain.com as your website’s hosting solution.
Pros of Domain.com
- Top-notch customer support: Domain.com offers fantastic 24/7/365 phone and live support to address all sales and technical web hosting concerns.
- Free perks: Similar to other top web hosting providers, Domain.com offers a free SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt with every hosting plan, plus a free one-year domain name registration.
- Affordable: You can get reliable hosting for a reasonable price without sacrificing security or functionality.
- Multiple website builder tools: Every plan on Domain.com includes a website builder with features like drag-and-drop content management, slideshows, contact forms, social media integration, and more.
Cons of Domain.com
- Fee for migrating from another host: Domain.com will charge you a fee to transfer your website from another host to its servers if you don’t want to do it yourself.
- No reseller options: Domain.com is not the best place to shop if you want to acquire domains to resell them. Perhaps consider GreenGeeks instead!
- No VPS or dedicated servers: Domain.com only offers shared hosting solutions so if you need a VPS or dedicated server (or you think your site will ever grow to need it), this is not the right option for you.
Foundation control panel
All shared packages include the Domain.com foundation control panel, a customized control panel that allows you to administer your website, FTP, and database all from one location. It was effortless for me to navigate through, which is fantastic from the perspective of new users.
The left sidebar paves the way for all the main navigation options, including Summary, Website Backup & Restore, and MySQL Management, among others. This enhanced version compares quite well to cPanel, and in some cases, is even simpler to handle.
Unlimited storage and scalable bandwidth
Every single one of Domain.com’s hosting packages includes unlimited disc space. That implies no limit to the space you may use to store the website’s content. On the other hand, you may increase your bandwidth allocation as needed, paying only for the data you actually transfer.
99.99% uptime guarantee
Domain.com guarantees 99.99% server uptime with every hosting plan. It ensures that at least 99.99% of the time, your hosting servers will be online almost every time to welcome visitors and process requests.
Domain generation and registration
I used the generator tool to create and register a domain name on Domain.com. It was easy to manage both the domain and website hosting needs with a single company. In addition, each brand-new hosting plan comes with a free domain name for one full year.
Free SSL certificate by Let’s Encrypt
When you sign up for a web hosting package on Domain.com, you’ll automatically get a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate. This guarantees that all online activities are kept hidden through encryption and provides your customers confidence while browsing the site. Additionally, Wildcard SSL and an e-commerce SSL are available to be purchased as an add-on if desired.
Compare Alternatives to Domain.com
You may want to think about Hostinger, GreenGeeks or NameCheap if you are considering Domain.com but aren’t sure whether this provider is the best fit for you. They both have roots as domain registrars and now provide a more comprehensive range of services linked to web hosting, making them quite comparable to Domain.com. However, NameCheap and Hostinger have a wider variety of web hosting plans.
Frequently Asked Questions About Domain.com
Does Domain.com offer free site migrations?
What are the benefits of hosting your website with Domain.com?
What kind of support does Domain.com offer?
Is Domain.com safe?
How I Rated Domain.com
I test web hosts based on the following factors:
- Plan value: What plans are available, and do they offer a good value?
- Ease of use: Is the dashboard easy to navigate?
- Support: How fast can you get help when needed, and is support genuinely helpful?
- Features: What features does the host offer, and how do they compare to similar competitors?
- Security: Does the host offer SSL certificates, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack protection, backup services, and scans for viruses and malware?
- Speed and uptime: Does the provider offer a fast, stable environment for your website? How does it perform in tests, and what kind of servers does the hosting company use?
- Recent improvements: What has the host done lately to update its technology and services?
Learn more about our review methodology.